Guwahati Climate & Temperature
- Guwahati, India is at 26°6'N, 91°34'E, 72 m (237 ft). See map.
- Guwahati has a humid subtropical hot summer climate that is mild with dry winters, hot humid summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Guwahati is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 24.2 degrees Celsius (75.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 11.7 °C (21.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 24.7°C (76.4°F) on average falling to 11.4°C (52.5°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 30.5°C (87°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 19.3°C (66.8°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 31.9°C (89.4°F) and average low temperatures are 25.2°C (77.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 29.7°C (85.5°F) during the day and lows of 21°C (69.9°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1722 mm (67.8 inches) which is equivalent to 1722 Litres/m² (42.24 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Guwahati you would come out nearest to the climate station at San Juan Bautista, Robinson Crusoe Island, Juan Fernández Islands where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Guwahati, India Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Topic: Climate of Guwahati, India
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Dibrugarh/ Mohanbari, India - 373.9 kms (232.3 miles) ENE
- Dibrugarh, Assam, India - 364.1 kms (226.3 miles) ENE
- Khamti, Myanmar - 411.4 kms (255.6 miles) E
- Cherrapunji, India - 95.7 kms (59.5 miles) S
- Cherrapunji, Meghalaya, India - 95.7 kms (59.5 miles) S
- Homalin, Myanmar - 361.6 kms (224.7 miles) ESE
- Katha, Myanmar - 524.2 kms (325.8 miles) ESE
- Kalewa, Myanmar - 423.5 kms (263.2 miles) SE
- Chittagong, Bangladesh - 417.8 kms (259.6 miles) S