Climate & Temperature
> Guwahati Climate
Guwahati Climate & Temperature
- Guwahati, India is at 26°6'N, 91°34'E, 72 m (237 ft). See map.
- Guwahati has a humid subtropical hot summer climate that is mild with dry winters, hot humid summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Guwahati is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 24.2 degrees Celsius (75.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 11.7 °C (21.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 24.7°C (76.4°F) on average falling to 11.4°C (52.5°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 30.5°C (87°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 19.3°C (66.8°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 31.9°C (89.4°F) and average low temperatures are 25.2°C (77.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 29.7°C (85.5°F) during the day and lows of 21°C (69.9°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1722 mm (67.8 inches) which is equivalent to 1722 Litres/m² (42.24 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Guwahati you would pop up nearest to the climate station at San Juan Bautista, Robinson Crusoe Island, Juan Fernández Islands where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Guwahati Climate Graph in Metric Units
Guwahati Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Dibrugarh/ Mohanbari, India - 373.9 kms (232.3 miles) ENE
- Dibrugarh, Assam, India - 364.1 kms (226.3 miles) ENE
- Khamti, Myanmar - 411.4 kms (255.6 miles) E
- Cherrapunji, India - 95.7 kms (59.5 miles) S
- Cherrapunji, Meghalaya, India - 95.7 kms (59.5 miles) S
- Homalin, Myanmar - 361.6 kms (224.7 miles) ESE
- Katha, Myanmar - 524.2 kms (325.8 miles) ESE
- Kalewa, Myanmar - 423.5 kms (263.2 miles) SE
- Chittagong, Bangladesh - 417.8 kms (259.6 miles) S